What could be more fun than making whoopie…pies!
As American as baseball and apple pie – and perfect for casual backyard parties, picnics and tailgating events – the exact origin of this delectable, utensil-free dessert remains rather controversial. Both Maine and Pennsylvania claim rights to the sweet sandwich, featuring two small chocolate buns filled with vanilla-flavored cream.
Join in the fun of baking classic and creative versions of whoopie pies with the new 12 Cup Whoopie Pie Pan from Rachael Ray’s Oven Lovin’ Bakeware collection. Available now at www.potsandpans.com for $16.99 suggested retail, key features of Rachael’s new Whoopie Pie Pan include the following:
* Crafted of lightweight yet sturdy carbon steel that won’t bend or warp;
* Durable nonstick inside and outside for easy food release and effortless cleaning;
* Comfortable silicone grip handles in Rachael’s signature orange for easy lifting and a splash of color in the kitchen;
* Dishwasher safe and oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit;
* Exclusive recipe for Rachael Ray’s original Peanut Butter and Chocolate Whoopie Pie (available only with purchase of pan);
* A portion of the proceeds from each purchase will be donated to Yum-o! children’s foundation, which was founded by Rachael to empower kids and their families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking.